Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Sikhs in the media

I have touched on this subject in an earlier post.

I feel that at the moment a large section of the media is mis representing Sikhs and the Sikh way of life.

I don't know if this is because they just don't know about Sikhism or if they have some false notions about Sikhi.

Anyway I think the Sikh community should get together, take a positive step and produce material that is true to Sikh values. Some examples could be Animation, Books, Films, Documentories and TV shows.

I am trying to do my bit of seva by starting a page where we can start to write the screenplay of a trilogy of Sikh Films. The page I have setup is located at sikhitrilogy.wikispaces.org/. Anybody can contribute to this page and expand it.

See what you think.

No comments: