Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Random Acts that make you feel good

I was on the bus yesterday, coming home from work.

The bus was setting off after dropping off some people at a bus stop. A girl came running from upstairs and started to talk to the bus driver. She gave him a mobile phone and said that the man who had just got off the bus had left it upstairs. She went back up stairs.

A few seconds later the man who had left the mobile phone got back onto the bus and asked the bus driver if had seen a mobile phone on the bus. The driver gave him the mobile and with that the man said thank you and left the bus.

These random acts when people 'do the right thing' are so good to see because it shows everyone that most people are generally good and the world is heading in the right direction.

Another random act was when I was about 11 or 12. I was with my mum and cousin in town. We needed to get some money out of my bank account. I had never got any money out of an ATM but as the bank was really busy, I decided to give the ATM a go. I put my card in and put my code in. It asked for the amount to be taken out. I asked for £100. Everything fine so far. Suddenly the ATM started to make a weird noise and it spat my card out. I thought I had done something wrong so I took the card and told my mum that we should try in the bank instead.

We walked into the bank, and got into the queue. Just then a breathless woman tapped me on my shoulder and handed me £100 and said 'You left your money!!'. She walked back out of the bank. I was amazed that someone had gone out of their way to give me the money that I had left.

More feel good random acts coming soon...

No comments: