Sunday, June 11, 2006

World Cup Diary - Day 1

This is the first time I am am going to be working while the World Cup is going on. In order to cope with the fact that I will not beable to watch every match I am going to keep a diary that will tell you how I feel about the days games.

Day one had the opening ceremony (something that no football fan will want to miss !!??!!). A guy at work brought in a portable tv so I heard bits of the first half of Germany vs. Costa Rica.

I got home in time for the second half and saw a few goals. The last German goal was swerving all over the place. Germany didn't look like they should go that far, but it is 'Germany', so no matter how they play they will probably go very far.

Costa Rica didn't look that bad, they have Wanchope, who I always liked as a player.

GER 4 CRC 2

I went to play football between the Friday matches and got back to watch the second half of Poland vs. Ecuador. I was very impressed with Ecuador, they had a good style of play. Poland had all the ball but they didn't do anything with it.

POL 0 ECU 2

No comments: